- 5 tortillas
- 1 jar tomato salsa dip
- Oil (preferably olive oil)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 4 spring onions
- 4 fresh and ripe tomatoes
- 1 tin re-fried beans
- 200 grams mature cheddar cheese or desired cheese
- 3 tablespoon Parmesan cheese (grated)
- Cilantro leaves, chopped
- Optional - 1 jar of red jalapenos and 1 jar of green jalapenos
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Place a paper towel onto a large plate and have several other paper towels ready. Place a handful of tortilla triangles into the hot oil, in a single layer. Use metal tongs or a metal slotted spoon to distribute the tortilla triangles so that they aren't overlapping and so that all sides get coated with oil. Fry for approximately 2 minutes until the chips just begin to color and they are firm.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Lay the tortilla chips on a cookie sheet.
- Toss together the cheese, chilies, and onion and other product, and sprinkle over the tortilla chips. You can also add them after baking (except cheese).
- Bake for about 5 minutes, until the cheese has melted.
- Nachos can be served hot or cold, they are a fantastic appetizer. Sprinkle with the chopped coriander, it adds a great final touch.
- If desired, add the green and red jalapenos over the nachos but do serve them in separate dishes as some people will not want the hot chilies.
- This is a great nachos recipe, easy to make and always very successful with your guests!
Food you should try http://foodyoushouldtry.com/