- 2 cans red kidney beans, drained and rinsed under running water
- 2 tbsp vegetable/canola/sunflower cooking oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 medium-sized onions chopped fine
- 2"piece of ginger julienned
- 6 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 large tomatoes chopped into 1" cubes
- 2 fresh green chilies chopped fine
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- pinch of asafetida
- chopped coriander to garnish
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Heat the oil in a deep pan and add the cumin seeds. When they stop sizzling, add the onion
- and fry till soft.
- Add the ginger and garlic and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the green chilies, tomatoes, coriander, cumin, turmeric and garam masala powders and
- fry till the oil separates from the masala.
- Add the red kidney beans, 3 cups of warm water, asafetida, salt to taste and cook till beans
- are very soft (approximately 10 minutes).
- Mash some of the beans roughly (this thickens the gravy).
- Garnish with coriander and serve piping hot with plain boiled rice and Kachumbar salad and a
- pickle of your choice.
Food you should try http://foodyoushouldtry.com/