Mexican Fried Ice Cream
Deelishis recipe for Mexican Fried Ice Cream
- 1/2 gallon French vanilla ice cream, softened
- 3 cups crushed cornflakes
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Oil for deep frying
- Honey and whipped topping (optional)
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- 1. Scoop out 9 round balls using an ice cream scoop. Place them on a baking sheet. Freeze them for at least an hour or until firm.
- 2. In a small bowl, mix the cinnamon and cornflake crumbs. Roll the balls in the crumbs and place them back on the baking sheet. Let them freeze overnight. If you wish to store them for future use, wrap each scoop in its own plastic wrap and put it in a freezer bag. They can be stored for up to 2 months.
- 3. Heat the oil in a deep fryer or deep skillet to 375 degrees F. Unwrap the pre-made balls. Fry a single scoop at a time for 8 to 10 seconds. Place the fried dessert in a chilled bowl. Drizzle with honey and add a dollop of whipped topping if you wish.
Food you should try http://foodyoushouldtry.com/