Cannabidiol, commonly known as CBD, comes from the cannabis plant. CBD offers many health benefits and comes in multiple forms, including topicals, edibles, and teas. Before discussing the benefits of CBD tea, it is essential to understand CBD does not contain tetrahydrocannabinol and does not create the high people associate with marijuana.
What Is CBD Tea?
CBD tea is a drink that contains varying degrees of cannabidiol, depending on the provider. When trying out cbd tea, people need to research the ingredients and concentrations of CBD. CBD tea may contain additional ingredients to enhance the benefits. These teas also come in multiple flavors.
What Are the Health Benefits of CBD Tea?
Studies continue to rise to determine the benefits of CBD products. Tea provides an excellent carrier for CBD because it delivers benefits to the body quickly. The following are some of the top benefits of CBD tea.
- Stress management is one of the most significant benefits of CBD tea products. A hot cup of tea is relaxing on its own. CBD-infused teas calm the mind and body, offering almost immediate stress relief. Drinking a cup of this tea after a stressful day helps people unwind.
- CBD tea also has anti-anxiety properties that help people cope better. Different triggers lead to anxiety attacks and levels of increased stress. Drinking natural CBD teas helps a person relax their mind and become grounded so they are less likely to begin panicking.
- Cannabidiol is a natural anti-inflammatory and analgesic. Those who suffer from pain, whether its isolated or widespread, may find CBD tea helps alleviate their pain and lessen their dependency on risky pain medications. This tea can be used to treat headaches or joint pain without causing unwanted side effects.
- CBD tea also promotes deeper and healthier sleep. Sleepless nights can take a toll on a person and cause multiple problems, including decreased immune system function.
- Teas infused with CBD also help people achieve a healthy gut. CBD tea provides similar benefits as peppermint, ginger, and licorice teas. This tea promotes healthy digestion.
When Should People Drink CBD Tea?
Drinking CBD tea in moderation offers benefits without any unwanted side effects that can come with higher doses. Most people drink two to three cups of CBD tea throughout their day. It is especially beneficial to drink this tea in the evenings before bed, especially if a person wants to experience better sleep.
How to Make the Perfect Cup
Making a perfect cup of CBD tea is not as difficult as one might believe. To enjoy a delicious and soothing cup of potent CBD tea, consider the following steps.
- 1 cup of water
- 1 or more CBD tea bags
Bring a cup of water to a boil. Using a kettle is the best method of heating, but the microwave is a suitable alternative. Once the water comes to a boil, add the tea leaves and allow them to steep for at least three to five minutes. If the hot water becomes too cool during the steeping process, microwave the tea mixture.
What to Expect
The first cup of tea will offer a subtle sensation of feeling relaxed and free of stress. This tea does not inhibit normal function. CBD tea takes the edge off of anxiety and stress and allows a person to better cope with their day without feeling overwhelmed.
The effects will last around two to four hours, depending on the potency of the cannabidiol. Consume the tea one to three times a day for the best results.