There are two main ingredients always present in the kitchen of every house in the world: rice and chicken. Rice is the staple food par excellence, its mild flavor and ease of cooking make it the favorite choice for eating at any time of the day.
This blank grain is rich in nutrients, vitamins and minerals, highly beneficial for health. Rice is cooked in savory and sugary dishes; as a main preparation or accompaniment to other ingredients like chicken.
Chicken is domesticated poultry raised for its eggs and meat. It is a good source of protein and it also is rich in nutrients, minerals, and vitamins. In addition, it is a lean meat that helps in losing weight and goes very well with other ingredients. You can add it in several recipes: soup, casserole, fried, as part of a complete meal with rice.
The perfect combination
Rice, as well as chicken, is versatile, and making dishes with them is effortless. They can be prepared steaming, boiling, baking, grilling, frying, and so much more.
The adaptability of these two staples is the reason for their popularity. It is not surprising that the world’s population used rice and chicken for creating delightful dishes. Almost all cuisines in the world have a food preparation with rice and chicken. For example risotto, paella, jambalaya, biryani, pilaf, curry, among others.
Cooking rice and chicken can be an enjoyable experience, because it is easy and gives you the opportunity of tasting new ingredients and flavor.
In the beginning, you can try to replicate famous dishes with rice and chicken, or even create your meals.
For succeeding in this culinary adventure, remember to use the proper cooking techniques, respect the cooking time, and use quality ingredients.
Pairing rice and chicken in simple recipes
The advantage of using rice and chicken is the huge variety of cooking methods you can use. Some recipes require outstanding cooking abilities, but there are others as simple as rapid.
Just knowing how to use some kitchen appliances it’s all you’ll need. Some recipes will take you just less than 20 minutes, like instant pot chicken and rice. And some others will be ready in a bit longer but without any extra effort. Try these 2 recipes and enjoy pairing rice and chicken.
Quick chicken and rice dinner
Servings: 4 Prep time: 5 minutes Cook time: 15 minutes
- 1 1/4 lb of skinless and boneless chicken breast, cut into pieces.
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup.
- 1 1/2 cups of water.
- 1/4 teaspoon of paprika.
- 2 cups instant white rice.
- 2 cups of broccoli florets.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add salt and pepper to the chicken breast.
- In a skillet, put vegetable oil, incorporate the chicken, and cook until it gets that brownish tan.
- Take the chicken out and reserve.
- In the skillet, pour the chicken soup, water, and paprika.
- Bring to a boil, and add the broccoli and the rice
- Cook at low heat. Incorporate the chicken.
- Stir very well, cover, and cook until rice is tender.
Rice and chicken soup
Servings: 4 Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup of instant white rice.
- 1/2 cup of finely chopped onion.
- 1/2 cup of thinly sliced carrots.
- 2 minced cloves garlic.
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- 2 chicken breasts, in small pieces.
- 8 cups of chicken broth.
- Salt and pepper.
- In an oiled saucepan put the carrots, the onion and season with salt and pepper. Stir very well.
- Add garlic, and cook until vegetables are tender.
- Pour chicken broth and bring to a boil. Add rice and mix.
- Add salt and pepper to chicken breast, and incorporate to the broth.
- Cook until rice is tender