Our immune system can be defined as our knight in shining armour, it’s constantly active and shielding our body from various viruses, infections and diseases. To reward our immune system for protecting us, we must provide it with vitamins and minerals so it can keep us healthy and energised.
In this article, I’ve listed the best healthy and delicious immunity-boosting juices and its benefits.
Pomegranate And Three Berry Juice
Pomegranates contain antioxidants, vitamin C and E which supports the immune system and attacks various infections and diseases from sore throats to diabetes.
The three berries in this juice are; strawberries, raspberries and blueberries. Strawberries strengthen our immune system, raspberries provide micronutrients and valuable flavonoids to make harmful cells inactive and blueberries are a rich source of vitamin A and C, dietary fibre and manganese which help in preventing infections.
Blend all these in your blender for a delicious healthy drink. If you want to purchase an efficient juicer, you must start your search here on Juicer Cruiser, where they’ve got you covered from juicer types to its cost, prep time, speed and much more.
The Green Juice
- Kiwi: Rich source of essential nutrients and vitamin C and K.
- Cucumber: Hydrates the body and contains vitamin A for vision and immunity.
- Kale and Spinach: Staple for green juices and full of antioxidants, vitamin C and beta-carotene.
This lush green juice is packed with essential nutrients and vitamins to keep you energised. You can add the juice of one lime for an extra boost of immunity and freshness.
The Pink Juice
- Grapefruit: Rich in vitamin C for immunity and antioxidants qualities which protect our cells from bacteria and viruses.
- Strawberry: Another great source of vitamin C which helps the immune system to fight off the free radicals in our bodies.
- Banana: Amazing source of vitamin B6 which is important for the functioning of white blood cells.
This drink is rich in antibacterial and antioxidant properties and is loved by the kids as it produces a pinkish-red colour when blended.
The Yellow Juice
- Pineapple: Contains anti-inflammatory properties which heal a sore throat and bromelain which helps the body in utilising immune-boosting amino acids.
- Pear: Helps in minimising inflammation, contains vitamin C and fibre.
- Mint: Contains anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and immune-boosting properties which safeguard our cells from damage and harmful bacteria.
- Chia Seeds: These seeds are rich in iron, omega-3 fatty acids and fibre, which help in reducing inflammation.
This juice feels like summer in your glass because of its sweet and refreshing taste.
The Red Juice
- Beetroot: Good source of vitamin C, folate and fibre for cell protection. Also helps in healing wounds and absorbing iron.
- Apple: Rich in antioxidants and fibre. The apple skin contains a powerful flavonoid, the quercetin which enhances immunity and reduces inflammation.
- Ginger: Loaded with antibacterial properties and vitamin C. Also reduces inflammation and gives relief from cold and flu.
- Lemon: Just like any other citrus fruit, lemons are also rich in vitamin C and have antioxidant, antiviral and antibacterial properties.
The above fruits, when combined with beetroot, give the juice an earthy taste and a red colour which is pretty to look at and drink.
The Hydrating Juice
Contrary to popular belief, watermelons can prevent infections and boost immunity as it contains vitamin B6 and lycopene. It also keeps the body hydrated. Coconut water is rich in vitamins and antiviral properties which increase immunity and fights viruses.
When combined, these two create a powerful electrolyte drink.
The Orange Juice
- Orange: Full of vitamin C and carotenoids, vital for healthy functioning of our immune system.
- Carrot: Great source of immunity-boosting minerals like iron, copper and zinc. You can easily grow it in your garden as well.
- Ginger: Has anti-bacterial properties.
- Honey: Natural immunity booster because of its antioxidant and antibacterial components.
Take each of these in proportionate quantities to make a fresh citrusy juice, you can add honey for sweetness as per your liking.
Blend these juices up twice a week to make your immune system healthy and strong while exercising regularly.
You can also check out this article for more homemade juicing recipes