New flash, Everyone: Summers are hotter these days. And as usual, I always tend to forget how hot it gets here until it happens. It’s sort of a panic to remember about the upcoming summer days. But don’t worry as I have come with some cool solutions to beat the heat this time. How about making some slushies with just home available ingredients and blender? These are easy to make, fresh juices or soda, and the best thing is that it is ice cold. So check out below recipes to find out how you can make slushies with a blender at home.
How To Make A Slushie With A Blender And Soda?
- 3 cups of Soda
- 1 plate of Ice Cubes
- Cherry juice (optional)
- 2 Cherries (to garnish drinks optional)
Around 5-10 Minutes
1. To make a slushie with a blender and soda, you need to at first put the 3 cups of soda into a dish having less depth. Now, put the dish in your freezer for around 4 to 5 hours. And if still not frozen, keep it until it completely freezes.
2. In the meantime, prepare a superior quality blender. Once, the soda is frozen completely, put it into the blender with some ice cubes. In case you like it sweet, you can add some sugar in the mixture. Now, blend all the ingredients in the blender very well.
3. Here is a nice trick that I prefer to do while making soda slushies. I generally like to spice it up by adding different interesting flavors, my most preferred one is the cherry juice. So, you can add some cherry juice to the mixture before blending.
Remember, you must not pour a high quantity of the juice, you just need a very little amount to give your slushies a delicious flavor.
4. Once everything is added, start your blender and blend all the ingredients very well. You must blend the ingredients until it all turns into a super smooth frozen texture.
And, you are done with the semi-frozen flavor bomb. It is ready to serve! In case, you want the texture to be a little thicker, you can add some more of the ice cubes and blend it once again.
5. Serve your deliciously smooth soda slushie instantly after blending. Doing this will ensure you get the best possible texture of the slushie.
6. I always like to garnish my slushie with some cherries on top. Serve it before it starts melting.
You can keep it in the freezer to store the excess. Blend it whenever you want some. Remember, you must not keep in the fridge.
How To Make A Slushie With A Blender And Juice?
- 6 ounces of any juice of your choice ( Here I’m taking Mango)
- Ice cubes
- Cold Water
- Sugar as per taste
- Mango piece to garnish
1. Pour the mango juice into a dish or bowl as per availability and put it into the freezer for 3-4 hours or until it freezes. Once the juice is frozen completely, take it out from the freezer.
2. Prepare a high-quality blender and add ice cubes of around 3-4 cups. Now add the frozen mango juice into the blender. Add sugar or any kind of sweetener as per your preference. I generally use around 1/4th cup of sugar to mango slushie.
3. Once you put all the ingredients into the blender, add 1-2 cups of cold water into it and start blending. Blend it very well so that all the ice cubes crushes down and makes a nice smooth slushy like texture.
In case, you feel the texture is not thick enough as per your choice, you can add more of the ice cubes and blend again. This will ensure your slushie becomes thicker in texture.
4. Once the blending is done, take out the serving glass and pour the slushies into them. Now to garnish you can add two or three small cubes of mangoes on top of it.
5. Blender tip: Add beverage labels to your mango shakes and have your kids sell them in front of your house.
Note: Always serve it immediately after making it as it may have a tendency to meltdown. Keep the excess in the freezer and blend it once again when needed. Don’t keep it in the fridge section otherwise, it will melt and have a liquid texture.
These slushies made using a blender and juice or soda are the coolest things that you’ll ever try! You throw the ingredients together, blend it… and you’re done! These recipes are a huge hit amongst the children and the elders. Do try them and let me know what your thoughts are regarding these recipes.