Cannabidiol or CBD is a natural substance extracted from the Cannabis sativa plant. The raw material is added to oils, tinctures, creams, and lotions. It’s recently gained a lot of attention due to its publicized claims in improving general health.
CBD products are believed to alleviate pain and promote calmness in the body. Some users have testified that the best time to take CBD oil is in the morning because it gives them the energy and confidence to get through all the stress and daily life challenges.
Before you dive into using CBD products, first, you must know CBD in its entirety. Here’s a beginner’s guide to incorporating CBD into daily health and wellness:
What Is CBD
Cannabidiol or CBD is the non-psychoactive and most essential compound of a cannabis plant, most commonly derived from hemp. CBD doesn’t give you that ‘high’ feeling, unlike its counterpart component, the tetrahydrocannabinol (THC).
CBD was discovered several years ago. However, it was only recently that CBD was finally legalized in several countries. Until now, studies are still conducted to understand further the effects of CBD, both for recreational and medical uses. Moreover, you can visit hollyweed cbd official webpage for the best cbd products.
The Importance Of ECS In The Body
The endocannabinoid system (ECS) was discovered while studying THC. ECS is a network of receptors and neuroregulatory lipids that are believed to modulate the activities of the body’s organ systems, such as cardiovascular, endocrine, nervous, and immune systems.
Two receptors and one neurotransmitter are found in the ECS; the CB1 and CB2 receptors and anandamide. CB1 receptors are located throughout the body, abundantly in the central nervous system (CNS), while the CB2 receptors are in the peripheral nervous system (PNS).
Anandamide binds with the receptors to produce the feeling of pleasure, motivation, energy, mood, and appetite. It’s believed to multiply by exercising, pursuing your passion, and attaining your goals.
CBD And The ECS
CBD mimics anandamide and binds loosely around the CB1 and CB2 receptors. By attaching loosely, there’s no ‘high’ feeling effect manifested.
Furthermore, ECS is believed to be linked to the neurobiological processes of pain perception, memory, mood, appetite, and stress.
Potential Health Benefits Of CBD
CBD has been on the list of alternative medicines believed to manage symptoms and conditions such as
- Chronic Pain
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Sleep Disorders
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
Adverse Effects Of CBD
Here are the most common adverse effects of CBD:
- Upset Stomach
- Dry Mouth
- Reduced Appetite
These symptoms are only mild and resolve shortly.
Risks Of CBD
- Choosing a CBD product is a buyer’s discretion because the Food and Drug Administration doesn’t regulate CBD products.
- High-risk individuals, such as people with systemic diseases and cancer, and pregnant women, must solicit professional advice before taking CBD products.
- It may result in harmful and unpredictable side effects when administered with other medicines.
Dosing Of CBD
You need to consider several factors when looking for the proper dosage, such as:
- Body Mass Index (BMI)
- Type Of Condition
- Severity Of Symptoms
The dosage varies from person to person; what works for others may not work for you. The key is to try a specific dose, then gradually increase, depending on your needs and preference.
Moreover, the time and frequency of administration depend on the user’s preference. It may be taken in the morning if you want to feel energetic and confident all day, or you can take it before bed so you can relax and sleep well.
CBD is a natural compound, and overdose is unlikely to happen. However, taking high doses may result in harmful side effects, such as difficulty breathing or loss of consciousness. Immediate medical attention must be given right away.
COA And ISO-Guaranteed
Since the FDA doesn’t regulate CBD products, it’s wise to look for a Certificate of Analysis (COA) and International Organization for Standardization (ISO) accreditation in the packaging.
COA is a type of quality control from a third-party source that guarantees the effectiveness of the said product; it must not be the manufacturer or any allied company to ensure the review is unbiased. On the other hand, a product that meets the ISO guidelines is tested and proven safe and effective.
Three Forms Of CBD Products
These are the three forms of CBD you might want to check in finding the right product for you:
- Isolate CBD is produced when hemp undergoes purification techniques to remove terpenes, THC, cannabinol (CBN), and cannabichromene (CBC). It only contains CBD molecules in the form of pure, crystalline powder. Furthermore, it doesn’t give you that ‘high’ feeling, that’s why it’s recommended to manage conditions such as anxiety and depression. Using CBD isolate is highly beneficial for people for them to feel motivated and confidently perform their activities of daily living (ADL).
- Broad-spectrum CBD is a form of CBD that contains compounds, such as terpenes, CBN, or CBC, but no THC present. It may promote healthy skin, help with sleeping disorders, and alleviate pain.
- Full-spectrum CBD is also called whole-plant CBD containing terpenes, CBN, CBC, and a low concentration of THC. These components work synergistically to elicit the ‘entourage effect’ phenomenon, which is obtaining the optimal therapeutic benefits of CBD.
Here are the types of CBD products that you can choose from:
- Transdermal Patches
- CBD Oils
- CBD Tinctures
- Sublingual Sprays
- Topical Creams
Where Can You Buy CBD Products?
Whether you buy CBD for recreational or medical purposes, laws vary from state to state. You may have to consult a local physician or nurse practitioner about trusted stores in your location that sells authentic and effective CBD products.
Products may be bought in actual stores in CBD-legalized countries, but some people opt for those being sold online. However, it’d be best to thoroughly assess virtual stores for their credibility to ensure your health.
You have to consider a number of factors when you plan to incorporate CBD into your lifestyle to improve your health and wellness. You can solicit recommendations and advice from a doctor, as well as conduct thorough research. Side effects are usually mild and tolerable; however, when things get worse, seek medical help immediately.