Jalapeno Style Mashed Potatoes
- 1 pound red potatoes, quartered
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup 1% milk, warmed
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Fill a sauce pan 3/4 full of water.
- Place the pan over high heat and bring to a rapid boil. Once boiling carefully add the potatoes.
- Bring back to a rapid boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and continue cooking 15 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender. Drain well.
- Place the cooked potatoes into a large bowl. Sprinkle the garlic into the potatoes.
- Pour the warmed milk into the bowl with the potatoes and garlic.
- Use a potato masher to mash the potatoes.
- Once you reach the desired consistency add the jalapeno pepper and pepper.
- Stir to combine.
- Serve while still warm.
- Tip: There are only 95 calories per serving in this dish and zero percent of these calories come from fat.
Food you should try http://foodyoushouldtry.com/