Moist Pineapple Walnut Bread
Low Fat Recipe
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar substitute
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 1/2 cups grated carrot
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup canned crushed pineapple, drained
- Non stick cooking spray
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Place the walnuts in a food processor and chop fine. Put the butter in a large bowl.
- Use the electric mixer and beat the butter on high speed for 45 seconds.
- Slowly add in the sugar and continue beating until the two ingredients are creamed together.
- Add the eggs, one at time, beating on low speed after each addition.
- Use a rubber spatula and fold in the cinnamon and pepper.
- Add in the orange zest and carrots and stir well to incorporate the flavors. Place the flour, baking powder and salt in at sifter. Sift together into a separate bowl.
- Stir half of the flour mixture into the egg mixture.
- Fold in the pineapple and walnuts.
- Finishing mixing in the rest of the flour mixture into the batter.
- Spray 2 loaf pans with the non stick cocking spray.
- Fill both pans with the batter.
- Bring the oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Bake the loaves 25 minutes or until a nice golden brown on top and toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Food you should try http://foodyoushouldtry.com/