Palak Paneer (spinach and cottage cheese)
- • 500 gms (1 Pound) Paneer (look below for recipe to make your own Paneer)
- • 2 medium-sized bunches of fresh spinach (approximately 1 lb or 500 gms)
- • 1/2 bunch fresh fenugreek leaves (approximately 1/4 lb or 125 gms)
- • 4 tbsps vegetable/ canola/ sunflower cooking oil
- • 1 large onion chopped fine
- • 1 large tomato diced
- • 2 teaspoons garlic paste
- • 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- • 2 teaspoons coriander powder
- • 1 tsp cumin powder
- • 1/2 teaspoon
- • turmeric powder
- • 1 teaspoon
- • garam masala powder
- • Salt to taste
- • 1 tbsp of
- • butter to garnish
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- 1. Cut the paneer into 1" cubes. Heat 2 tbsps of oil in a heavy-bottomed pan and stir-fry the paneer till golden. Remove and drain on paper towels. Keep aside.
- 2. Add 2 tbsps of oil to the same pan and fry the onions in it till soft.
- 3. Add the ginger and garlic pastes and fry for a minute.
- 4. Add the spinach, fenugreek leaves, tomato, coriander, cumin, turmeric and garam masala powders and mix well. Add salt to taste and mix well.
- 5. Cook till the spinach and fenugreek leaves are soft and like pulp. Mash well into a rough paste. If you prefer, you can also blend this paste in the food processor to get a smoother consistency.
- 6. Add the previously fried paneer cubes to this gravy and mix to coat the pieces.
- 7. Garnish with butter and serve hot with Chapatis (Indian flatbread), parathas (pan-fried Indian flatbread) or Makki Ki Roti (pan-fried maize bread).
Food you should try https://foodyoushouldtry.com/