Coconut Marinated Shrimp with Pineapple Topping
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar substitute
- 20 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (20 ounce) can of crushed pineapple in its own juice, drained well
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped very fine
- 1 small red bell pepper, cored, seeded and diced
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Use a shallow bowl that can be covered tightly and place the coconut milk into the bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon lime juice and the soy sauce. Stir to combine ingredients.
- Add the brown sugar substitute and stir well until the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Add the shrimp and toss to coat evenly. Add the pepper and stir well.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- This can be left to marinate overnight if you prefer.
- Place the drained pineapple in a mixing bowl.
- Add both types of peppers and stir together.
- Add 1 tablespoon of lime juice and stir well.
- Cover bowl and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Remove the shrimp from the marinade.
- Place 5 shrimp on a water soaked bamboo skewer. Continue until all the shrimp are used.
- Heat grill to medium heat.
- Place the skewers on the heated grill.
- Grill for 4 minutes then turn.
- Continue gilling an additional 3 minutes or until the shrimp is cooked through.
- Remove the shrimp from the skewers and place on a large platter.
- Cover with the salsa before serving.
Food you should try https://foodyoushouldtry.com/