Honey is the miraculous product from honey bees and is well known as golden liquid. Honey is the best alternate for white sugar and it is the nature’s nutritive sweetener.
There are several benefits of honey which includes medicine, skin care, weight loss, antioxidant, antiseptic, cleansing, beauty care and healing. The benefits of honey are incredible and it is used by numerous people all around the world.
Many researches have been made to find the benefits of honey and the findings states that the unique composition of honey acts as an antimicrobial agent and antioxidant. Still researchers are finding ways to make use of all the benefits of honey.
Honey as an intrinsic health magician
Do you lacking the activeness in your life you want? It’s high time you ditched those energy drinks and sugar-rich juices. Switch to honey as a means of natural energy booster!
It is a good practice to begin the day with a honey drink mixed with a lime splash in warm water. In this way, you can direct your metabolic actions to a healthy state. To bless yourself with fresh hours of sleep, we assure you nothing works better than the honey intake magic before bed.
Were you looking for easy ways to go healthy and fit with fruits and veggies? Honey can help you here, keeping your frequent appetite at bay. It is an instant reviver that also holds a fair eye on your blood sugar level. Let me dig in a health secret for you.
Instead of going with direct fruits or veggies, go for juicing with a small honey spill and start your detox juice diet. Are you confused about which juice to sip that can bring you all the nutritional benefits? No worries. You can find the best juicing books right here https://kitchenvarieties.com/best-juicing-books/!
Honey Health Benefits
There are several health benefits of honey and the key health benefits of honey are as follows
- Nature’s energy booster
- Immunity system builder
- Natural remedy for many ailments
Honey has natural source of carbohydrates which provide energy and helps in boosting the performance of the human. The natural sugar of honey helps in preventing the tiredness during exercises. This is one of the most vital benefits of honey.
The Antioxidant and Anti-Bacterial Properties
The antioxidant and anti-bacterial properties of honey help to improve the immunity and digestive system of the body. Honey is the natural remedy for all types of illness such as
- Cuts and burns
- Sore throats
The numerous health benefits of honey made it an essential ingredient for traditional medicines such as ayurveda. There are several ways to consume honey in day today life and the overall benefits of honey are as follows
- Honey is a natural sweetener which can be substituted for white sugar in any type of food or drinks.
- Honey has 64 calories per tablespoon which makes it to use as an energy source. The sugar in honey will get transformed as glucose very easily so honey is the substance which can be digested easily.
- Honey has more calories than white sugar but it is used in weight loss process. Yes, honey when consumed with warm water helps to reduce weight and digests the fat stored in the body.
- Honey is an ergogenic aid which helps the athletes to improve the performances.
- Honey has several vitamins and minerals which are based on the flower from which it has been extracted.
- The anti-fungal property of honey helps to use it as an antiseptic whereas the nutraceuticals in honey helps to improve immunity and act as an antioxidant.
- Honey has natural healing power and hence used in wound and illness management.
The benefits of honey go beyond its taste and energy, it is known for its effectiveness in health, endurance, energy, beauty and more. The benefits of honey in children health is efficient as it acts as an energy booster when they feel difficult to cope up with the physical activities. Children do not know the benefits of honey but they love the taste and honey makes them healthy.
The benefits of honey are based on the properties it contains such as hygroscopic, antibacterial and antioxidants. Honey is used in the medical field for its hygroscopic property which observes moisture from air to treat the open wounds. The other nutrition facts and benefits of honey are as follows
- Honey has 80% of natural sugar which is composed of fructose and glucose. The fructose in honey helps it to be sweeter than white sugar.
- Honey has less water content of around 18% which gives better quality.
- There are 2% minerals, vitamins, and proteins in honey.
- Honey is simply referred to as fat free, cholesterol free and sodium free.
Thiamin, riboflavin, B6, pantothenic acid, niacin and amino acids are the vitamins present in honey. Calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium and zinc are the minerals which help in providing the best benefits of honey.
The benefits of honey are obtained from each property and used for different resources. Honey is used as an ingredient for beauty treats. It is used as a facial mask for anti-aging. The benefit of honey in beauty treat is due to its natural anti-aging capability. Raw honey can be used for both skin and hair treatment as it is the most powerful cleansing agent. The beauty benefits of honey are popular everywhere and people who are conscious about their beauty can use honey without any hesitation.
Nowadays home remedies are recommended for many diseases. Honey has a natural medicinal value and the benefits of honey in medical field are amazing. The numerous health and medical benefits of honey have made it to use by the mankind for past 2,500 years.
The health benefits of honey made it popular as it is easy to consume and digest. Children were fond of the taste of honey and all age group of people can consume honey for its numerous beneficial properties. One of the best benefits of honey is that they can even cure stomach ulcer by killing the bacterium which causes the ulcer. The calories of honey are one of the incredible benefits of honey which has vitamins and minerals.
About the author: Diane H. Wong is copywriter at DoMyWriting. Besides, she is a professional nutritionist. So she is going to start writing her own blog. It can help her share her knowledge with others.