Sausage comes in many different varieties and different types of meat and part are included in the production of sausage, so never know that if sausage is healthy or not. Basically sausage are very high in fat and it contains lot of calories so if you want to put some weight then you can include this in your meal plan of you want to put some weight they avoid this. This article talks about the sausage nutrition facts and its recipe so you will get an idea about this. If you want to make sausage then you can make by using sausage stuffer.
Sausage Nutrition Facts
If serving size is 1 medium link (83 g) then as per serving it has 286 calories and contains total fat 22.7g , saturated fat 8g, polyunsaturated fat 2.7g, Monounsaturated fat 10g, Cholesterol 47mg, sodium 1002mg, potassium 252mg, Carbohydrates 3.5g. Dietary Fiber 0.1g, sugars 0.7 g and protein 16g, and it contains vitamin A 1 %, vitamin C 0%, calcium 2%, and iron 7%. As you can see it contains Vitamin A & C and calcium that is good for health. It depends on nutritionists if they include sausage in their list of common empty calorie foods. If you are eating empty calorie foods then you can eat this even in dieting. It all depends on who is making the sausage, he can reduce the calories or increase the calories in sausage. There are many empty calorie foods also those provide high level of sodium so you can eat those. There are many types of sausage available in the market and nutrition data varies for different kinds of sausage. There are some types of sausage which contains high protein, high in fat and very high in sodium and there are some types of sausage which contains minimum calories.
Sausage calories by variety of sausage
Here are some varieties:
1. Chorizo – Chorizo is made from intestines and it is a method used since roman times. You have to cook it before eating because it is a Spanish pork sausage. If we calculate its calories by one four inch link then it is provides 273 calories, 9 grams of saturated fat, 14 grams of protein, 1 grams of carbohydrate, 0 grams of fiber, 23 grams of fat , 1 gram of sugar and 741 milligrams of sodium. Chorizo is famous in span and as you can see that how much calories it contains so you can plan your mean according to calories.
2. One Pork Sausage Patty – It is mostly used in breakfast, it provides 92 calories, 8 grams of fat 5 grams of protein, 0 grams of fiber, 0 grams of sugar, 0 grams of carbohydrate, 2 grams of saturated fat and 202 milligrams of sodium
3. Hot Dog – It is a cooked sausage and you can grill this traditionally or you can use this after steaming and you can also serve this in a sliced bun. While making Hot dog you can use the mustard, ketchup, relish, cheese, onions, and chili. Generally, you can eat this at street vendor as mostly it is served by street vendors and at the amusement park. If you are eating a beef hot dog then it will provide 186 calories, 2grams of carbohydrate, 6 grams of saturated fat, 572 milligrams of sodium, 1 gram of sugar, 17 grams of fat and 0 grams of fiber. If you are eating a Hot dog but then it provides an addition 100 calories, 18 grams of carbohydrate, 1 gram of fiber, 4 grams of protein and 180 milligrams of sodium. If you are eating a hot dog with mustard and ketchup then it will not increase calories much but it may add a few grams of sodium and sugar.
Lower calorie sausages
if you want to eat good and healthy then you can eat lower calorie sausage. There are some types of sausage available which contain lower calories. Here are some examples given of lower-calorie sausage:
- Aidell chicken and apple sausage contain lower calorie, you can eat this for lower calories as it contains 180 calories, 12 grams of protein, 3.5 grams of saturated fat, 12 grams of fat and 640 milligrams of sodium. If you are eating this at breakfast then it provides 120 calories.
- If you are easting Buffalo-style chicken sausage then it provides 100 calories in one link that is 78 grams.
As you can see in the above article that there are many types of sausages available in the market. You can find a hot dog on street vendors, mostly it is selling by the street vendors. As you can see above that there are many types of sausage which contain high calories and there are some sausages which contain lower calories so you have to eat according to your diet plan. If you want to make sausage then you can make by using sausage stuffer.