Electric skillets come in handy for various purposes from warming to grilling and sauteing to frying. Every buyer has their personal preferences and hence the best electric skillet is the one that fits your needs. Not every electric skillet have same features, some may differ based on the price of it. The more the price, the more the functions and vice-versa. Let’s have a look at some of the best electric skillet of 2019:
- Presto Electric Foldaway Skillet: Designed specially to cater to the needs of students and small kitchens. It doesn’t even require much space to store, the foldaway features make it easy to store. It can even be converted into a serving dish.
- De’Longhi BG45: It can help you cook food evenly while retaining moisture. The heating element is tucked within the skillet, as a result, it can retain moisture with the help of the reinforced lid. The die-cast aluminum body keeps it safe even after a prolonged period of time.
- Maxi-Matic Elite Platinum: If you’re someone who cooks for a large group of people, then this one is best for you. It even ensures even distribution of heat while cooking, as a result, it prevents the burning of food. You can adjust the temperature from 200-400 degree Fahrenheit. The best part about the elite platinum electric skillet is it comes with indicator light. It indicates if the skillet is on and heating or not.
- Cucinapro-Stainless steel with Tempered glass lid: The 16-inch electric skillet allows you to cook for more than 4-5 people at once. The temperature and the tempered glass lid ensures that the food cooks properly. It can either be hand washed or simply wiped down. The riveted handles make it easier to handle or transport while cooking.
- Cuisinart CSK-250WS GreenGourmet 14 inch Electric skillet: If you’re new to cooking, then this may be the best skillet for you. Not only because of its features, but it also comes with a recipe book which has 30 recipes. It is even dishwasher safe. It is pocket-friendly as well. The transparent lid will help you keep a check on the food. The only problem you may face is the hot handles. The handles can get too hot.
- Proctor Silex 38526 Electric Skillet: If you’re looking for a high-quality appliance with high performance and reliability, then this skillet is for you. You can adjust the temperature according to your requirement. It is easy to clean and is affordable as well. You can cook for 3-4 people at a time in the Proctor Silex. The even heat distribution is a plus.
- Zojirushi EP-RAC50 Gourmet d’Expert 1350-Watt Skillet: This multifunctional skillet can be used as a plate for grilling as well as an electric frying pan. It can also be converted into a steaming plate. The transparent glass lid will allow you to check the food without lifting the glass frequently.
- National Presto 07115 Electric Foldaway skillet: Presto provides real value to money. It features a master heat control system which adjusts the temperature automatically and provides you with an easy way of cooking. In order to ensure stick-free cooking and effortless cleaning, Presto uses a ceramic non-stick material. It is a highly durable skillet.
There are a few factors that need to be considered before buying an electric skillet. Some of them are:
- Material: Some of them are made up of stainless steel while others are made up of aluminum. Look at the pros and cons of the material used to build the electric skillet. Most of the electric skillet features a Teflon coating, which can flake off over time, if overused.
- Dimensions: It depends on how much space you have in your kitchen. Also, for how many people you cook at once. There are various options to choose from such as a circular electric skillet, rectangular, small, or large.
- Dishwasher Safe: Not every electric skillet is dishwasher safe. It is difficult to carefully hand-wash an electric skillet. However, if you want a durable and reliable appliance then non-dishwasher safe is a better choice.
- Heating elements and temperature controls: This is the most important factor to choose from when buying an electric skillet. Some of them heat more than the other. Consider how often you’re going to use it and for what purpose you need it.
Apart from the benefits an electric frying pan offers, an electric skillet can offer more than that such as non-slip feet, insulated handles, and surgical stainless steel. Keep in mind, for how many people you’re going to cook in the skillet as well as what you want to cook before making the final purchase. This guide will help you buy the best electric skillet based on your requirements.