- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add one egg at a time mix well after each addition.
- In a separate bowl blend together flour, baking soda, salt, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg and the ginger.
- Slowly stir 1/3 of the flour mixture into the sugar mixture.
- Then stir 1/3 of the pumpkin into the sugar mixture.
- Next stir in 1/3 of the flour and then the rest of the pumpkin.
- Finally stir in the last of the flour mixture.
- Gently fold in chocolate chips and 3/4 cup of pecans.
- Grease and flour a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour mixture into loaf pan and sprinkle with remaining pecans.
- Bake for one hour until a knife inserted in the middle of the loaf comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
- For the icing stir together the confectioners' sugar and heavy cream.
- Add cinnamon and nutmeg and stir until smooth.
- Drizzle icing over bread loaf when completely cooled.
Food you should try http://foodyoushouldtry.com/