Veggies and Swiss Cheese Delight
- 3 large carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion cut in wedges
- 1 package (12-ounce) large mushrooms, quartered
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into small pieces
- 1 small zucchini, cut into chunks
- 2 slices whole-wheat bread
- 1 garlic clove, chopped fine
- 1/2 pound Swiss cheese, cut into slices
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in large skillet over medium heat about 2 minutes. Add carrots, onion and mushrooms to the skillet.
- Cook stirring often until all the liquid is gone and vegetables are starting to brown. Remove from heat and place in a large bowl.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in the same skillet. Add broccoli and stir until broccoli is coated with oil, about 1 minute. Stir in about 1/3 cup of water.
- Cover skillet and cook on medium low heat about 3 minutes. Add zucchini and cook about 4 minutes or until slightly tender.
- Add the vegetables in the bowl back to the pan.
- Add cheese slices, cover and cook on low heat until cheese is completely melted. In a saucepan over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Once heated about 2 minutes add garlic and cook until it starts to brown.
- Remove garlic. Stir in bread cubes and cook until toasted.
- Place toasted bread cubes in bowl with garlic and toss.
- Place bread cubes over the top of the vegetables in the skillet. Serve warm.
Food you should try https://foodyoushouldtry.com/