Cool Me Down Cantaloupe Pie
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup of sugar substitute
- 3 slightly beaten eggs
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 2-3 drops green food coloring
- 3 cups low-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups cantaloupe cubes
- 1 baked (9 inch) deep-dish pie shell
- Low-fat whipped topping
- 1/3 cup sliced toasted almonds
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Place the eggs in a large mixing bowl. Add the lime juice and water and stir well.
- Place the unflavored gelatin and the sugar substitute into a large saucepan.
- Place the saucepan over medium heat. Add the lime juice mixture.
- Cook until mixture just begins to boil being sure to stir constantly.
- When mixture begins to boil remove pan from heat.
- Add the lime zest. Stir in the food coloring.
- Refrigerate mixture until gelatin begins to mold.
- Once the gelatin begins to firm remove from the refrigerator.
- Place the thawed whip topping in a large bowl.
- Fold in the gelatin.
- Gently add the cantaloupe cubes until mixed through.
- Place the mixture into the baked pie shell.
- Return to the refrigerator until firm.
- When ready to serve top with whipped topping and almonds.
Food you should try https://foodyoushouldtry.com/