1 hr 10 min
1 hr 10 min
- 1 kg lamb cubed
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 2 bay leaves
- 8-10 cloves
- 1 tsp peppercorns
- 2" piece of cinnamon
- 5-6 cardamom pods
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 3-4 Kashmiri dry red chilies coarsely ground
- 2 tbsps garlic paste
- 2 tbsps ginger paste
- 4 tbsps vegetable/canola/sunflower cooking oil
- 2 medium-sized onions chopped fine
- 2 cups beef/ lamb stock
- 1 cup water
- salt to taste
- 5 tsp single cream
- Coriander leaves to garnish
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- In a bowl, mix the lamb and yogurt and keep aside. This will tenderize the lamb.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan and add the whole spices (cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, bay leaves, peppercorns). Fry till they turn slightly darker in color.
- Now add the onions and fry till they turn light golden.
- Add the ginger and garlic pastes and fry for a minute.
- Add the powdered spices (coriander, cumin, turmeric, Kashmiri chilly and garam masalaand fry till the oil separates from the masala.
- Add the meat and yogurt mix to the masala and fry well.
- Add the beef stock, water and salt to taste. Cook till the gravy is reduced. Stir often. The gravy should be thick when done.
- Whisk the cream till smooth and stir it into the curry to mix well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with plain boiled rice or pulao and a vegetable side dish
Food you should try https://foodyoushouldtry.com/