Indian Tandoori Chicken or Murgh Recipe
11 hr 10 min
11 hr 10 min
- 1 kg. chicken pieces of your choice with skin removed
- 6 tbsp. Tandoori Masala
- 1 c. yogurt
- 1 tsp. garlic paste
- Salt to taste
- 1 c. vegetable/ canola/ sunflower cooking oil
- 1 tbsp. Chaat Masala (available at most Indian grocers) to garnish
- Onion rings to garnish
- Lemon wedges to garnish
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Make shallow diagonal slashes in the chicken pieces and keep aside.
- Mix the Tandoori Masala with the yogurt, 2 tbsp. cooking oil and salt to taste and make a smooth paste.
- Smear this paste all over the chicken pieces, ensuring you rub it well into the slashes you made earlier and that the pieces are well coated.
- Put all the pieces and marinade into a deep bowl and cover. Refrigerate and allow to marinate for 12-18 hours.
- Preheat your grill on medium. Put the chicken on it and quickly sear (sealing in juices) on both sides. Now allow to brown on both sides, brushing cooking oil on as necessary.
- Once browned, reduce heat and cover the grill. Cook till the chicken is tender. Do not overcook or the chicken will dry out.
If you don't have a grill you can also bake the chicken
- Preheat your oven to 350F (180C/Gas Mark 4).
- While it is heating, line a baking tray with foil and spray the foil with cooking spray or smear with cooking oil. Lay the pieces on this foil and drizzle lightly with cooking oil.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes, then turn pieces and bake for another 10 minutes. Test chicken to see if cooked.
- When done, place chicken on a plate or platter and sprinkle Chaat Masala, garnish with lime juice, lime wedges and onion rings. Serve piping hot.
Food you should try https://foodyoushouldtry.com/