- long grain rice
- green bell pepper
- chicken broth.
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- You will want to prepare your chicken broth in advance. You can use chicken base, Knorr chicken base cubes, or canned chicken broth.
- Roast one or two medium size tomatoes to remove the skin and chop into small pieces. Depending upon your taste, finely chop 2 to 3 cloves of garlic, ½ of a medium size onion and a small green bell pepper.
- Place about ¼ Cup of oil in a mid-size saucepan. When the oil is hot, add 1 ½ Cups of long grain rice. Fry the rice until it becomes light brown in color. Add about 2 ½ Cups of chicken broth.
- Salt to taste. Beware if you are using chicken base or cubes. They often contain a lot of salt. You can always add salt before serving.
- Slowly add the rest of the ingredients and stir to just enough to mix everything together. Turn burner down to low and place a lid on the pan. Let simmer until the rice is tender. Turn burner to off and let sit for five minutes. You never want to stir the rice. Take a fork and gently fluff the rice, before serving.
- If you want to cut the cooking time in half, you can use precooked rice. Follow the same instructions. Do not use instant rice!
- Now you are ready to serve.
Food you should try https://foodyoushouldtry.com/