Easy Almond Sponge Cake
Low Sodium and Low Fat Recipe
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1/2 cup sugar substitute, divided
- 10 egg whites, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Place the flour the 1/2 of the sugar in a sifter and sift together in large mixing bowl.
- Place the egg whites in another mixing bowl.
- Add the cream of tarter and beat on high speed with an electric mixer.
- Add half of the remaining sugar and continue to beat for 1 minute.
- Add the rest of the sugar and beat again for 1 minute.
- Stir in the almond and vanilla extract. With a rubber spatula mix together the flour mixture and the egg mixture.
- Place the oven temperature to 350 degrees and allow the oven to heat up.
- Place the batter in an ungreased cake pan.
- Bake 45 minutes or until the cake bounces back easily when lightly touched.
Food you should try https://foodyoushouldtry.com/