Consider a role in the food sector, and your mind wanders toward being a chef in a 5 star restaurant, a barista in the hottest coffee shop or perhaps even a restaurant designer. But beyond these types of positions, there’s a whole manufacturing sector full of great positions for those more interested in the process of food creation, and we have jobs in this sector by the baker’s dozen. So, let us introduce you to some of our most popular food manufacturing jobs sure to make you want to find out more.
Production managers are responsible for the technical management, supervision and development of production processes. You’ll ensure that goods and services are produced as efficiently as possible, while in keeping with budgets and standards of quality.
This Job Involves:
- Planning your team’s production schedules.
- Supervising your staff, and organising training sessions.
- Creation of budgets and timescales.
- Ensuring health and safety regulations are met.
- Determining quality control standards.
- Organising the repair and routine maintenance of production equipment.
- Meeting with buyers to pick the best ingredients and materials.
Why not check our latest production manager and production shift manager roles?
Hygiene managers are responsible for promoting excellent Health and Safety practices within the food manufacturing process. Identifying areas for risk, ensuring all food health and safety regulations are kept, and responding to complaints are all part of this multifaceted role.
This Job Usually Involves:
- To ensure that all aspects of hygiene are carried out and maintained to the highest standard.
- Management of ordering and stock control of hygiene consumables and chemicals.
- To maintain detailed cleaning instructions and schedules for every hygiene activity that meets the requirements of the BRC food safety standard.
- Supporting the Technical and QA team with pest control, water testing and waste management.
- Conduct COSHH assessments, risk assessments and document safe systems of work for all hygiene tasks.
- Train all hygiene staff are trained and competent in all procedures relevant to their roles.
Definitely an exciting role, involving everything from designing and creating a new product to bringing it to market.
This Job Typically Involves:
- Developing ranges of new products and ideas that are on brand, and fit in with the business’s NPD guidelines.
- Keeping up to date with changes in legislation and new research, such as those of the Food Standards Authority and Institute of Food Research.
- Ensuring that all new products are developed and produced in a secure and legal manner.
- Conduct market research, liaising with potential customers and integrating feedback.
- To encourage your team to work as efficiently as possible, helping the team with everything from sourcing of ingredients to packaging design.
Who Are Silven Recruitment?
Dedicated to connecting the biggest food and drink manufacturers with the very best talent in the industry, we have been successfully matching candidates with their dream jobs for nearly 10 years. Providing the level of support and training that we know makes our candidates stand out among the masses, we ensure our candidates feel prepared for the job they want, and that clients are always happy with the candidates that they choose.
If you’re looking to work for the likes of Coca Cola, Mars or Kerry Foods, then get in touch with us today.
For more information about working in the food manufacturing industry, we recommend visiting BSDA and LFRA.