1 hr 30 min
1 hr 40 min
1 hr 30 min
1 hr 40 min
- 500 gms mild cheddar cheese very finely grated
- 1 1/2 cup cornflour
- 2 tsp freshly ground pepper powder
- Salt as required
- Vegetable/ canola/ sunflower cooking oil to deep fry the Koftas
- 2 large onions cut into quarters
- 3 large tomatoes cut into quarters
- 2 green chilies chopped very fine
- 2" piece of ginger
- 8 cloves of garlic
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 3 tbsps vegetable/ canola/ sunflower cooking oil
- 1 tsp garam masala (see link below for recipe to make your own!)
- 2 tbsps thickened/ double/ heavy cream whisked till smooth
- Chopped fresh coriander to garnish
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Put the grated cheddar cheese in a large mixing bowl and mash with the back of a fork. Add the pepper powder and then the cornflour a little at a time. Knead to get a smooth, mediumfirm
- Divide the dough into equal-sized balls and roll to smoothen - so that they have no cracks in them. Grease your palms with a little cooking oil to help.
- When you have rolled out all the dough into balls or while you are doing this, heat the cooking oil for deep frying, on medium heat till really hot. When the balls are ready, add them, a few
- at a time, to the hot oil and fry till golden, making sure to turn them often so they don't burn. After frying, remove them with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Keep aside for
- later use.
- Put the quartered onion, tomatoes, green chillies, ginger and garlic and all the powdered spices (except garam masala) into a food processor and grind into a smooth paste. There is no
- need to add any water to this while grinding as the juices from the tomatoes will provide sufficient liquid.
- Heat the cooking oil in a deep pan on medium heat, add the above mixture. Stir and fry till the oil begins to separate from the masala. Stir often to prevent the masala from sticking and/
- or burning.
- When the masala is done (as above), add the garam masala and fry for another minute.
- Add 1 cup hot water to this masala and stir well. Add salt to taste.
- Now add the prepared cheese balls and stir very gently so as not to break them. Cook for 2 minutes and turn off heat.
- Add the thick cream and stir gently to blend completely. The finished gravy should be the consistency of a thick soup. Garnish with chopped fresh coriander and serve with freshly
- prepared Naan, Paratha or Jeera Rice
Food you should try https://foodyoushouldtry.com/