Classic Guacamole recipe
Classic mexican Guacamole
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 chopped jalapeno
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- 1. Spoon the flesh out of the avocados. Cut into medium-sized chunks and put in a bowl. Set aside.
- 2. In a separate bowl, marinate the diced onion and jalapeno in the lime juice, along with a pinch of salt for a couple of minutes.
- 3. Add the cilantro and avocado chunks.
- 4. Mash all ingredients together, until you have the consistency you prefer. Some people like for their guacamole to be almost like applesauce, while others like it totally chunky. For me, it all depends on how I'm serving it. If it's going on top of a salad, I want it chunky. In fact, I'll add diced tomatoes along with the cilantro and avocado chunks if I'm having a salad.
- 6. Generally, however, I like my guacamole to be closer to applesauce.
- 7. Serve the guacamole with warm tortillas or tortilla chips.
- 8. I like to put an ice cream scoop of guacamole on a plate along with grilled chicken, sweet corn cakes, mexican rice, diced tomatoes, refried beans, and a soft, warmed tortilla. Heaven!
Food you should try https://foodyoushouldtry.com/
Click here to see more Mexican food you need to try.