In today’s busy world, it nearly becomes impossible to stay fit and visit gyms or do regular workout sessions. However, it is always suggested you take care of your health but in reality, it is difficult to wake up early in the morning and do exercise at home before going out for work. So what is the easy and most approachable way to stay fit? Well! Having hot water and lemon infusion will keep your metabolism triggered and will provide you energy throughout the day.
However, I have seen many people making it in the wrong way and in fact having it not enough. Consuming a wrong mixture may cause you side effects. So here is the perfect recipe for making hot water and lemon infusion.
- 1 lemon
- 4 cups or 1 liter of water
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- A pinch of red chilly powder
- A pinch of raw cane sugar or Sucanat
- 10-15 minutes
1. First, you need to boil 1-liter water completely. You can use the water heater installed in your kitchen to boil the water easily. This can make your work very easy as this needs to be done on a daily basis. So, you can save some time by using the water heater. Once the boiling is done, keep it aside.
2. Take a mug, put in lemon juice freshly squeezed from 1 lemon. Add the 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric in it. Now, why I like to add turmeric is because it has amazing healing properties and tastes better. You can skip it if you want.
3. Mix the ingredients well and add a pinch of red chilly powder or cayenne. It will boost your metabolism. To add a little bit of sweetness, you can add a pinch of raw cane sugar or Sucanat. It is beneficial to stimulate your brain. However, it is up to you whether you want to consume sugar or not.
4. Once all the ingredients are in the mug, mix them well with a spoon. Now add the 1 liter of boiling water little by little and give it a nice stir. Stir it very well so that all the dry ingredients along with lemon juice mixes well with the water.
And you are done! Now it is time to drink it like tea. It is better to stir the mixture as turmeric has a tendency to collect at the bottom. You should consume this concoction two to three times a day.
You can always add some other healthy alternatives such as alma. And you can purchase it dried or fresh from the grocery store. If you got the dried one then grind it for a few minutes and then add 1/2 tbsp of that powder. It will give you the extra boost of antioxidants as well as Vitamin C.
If you ask me, sometimes I prefer not blending or grinding the alma but I prefer adding pieces of it to my concoction. And once I am done drinking my lemon water, I chew on the alma pieces.
Looking forward to losing some extra and staying fit and healthy? A concoction of hot water and lemon can be an ideal choice to do so. Follow the recipe above to make the perfect hot lemon water or tea. Making it a habit will give you a healthy and fit body.